I began updating the XOs yesterday via USB which wipes, flashes and updates the XO. One of them finished but the other did not. So I left it up to Jeff to finish it up! I'm currently reading some docs and trying to figure out why the Saros plugin refuses to work with Google's XMPP servers. We may just have to use our Jabber server or some other publicly available one.
Saros is now working. I guess it just decided to work when I started it up...
Ejabberd works fine out of the box. I tried installing Saros to see how it would work with ejabberd since it uses XMPP and Jeff told me too. Unfortunately it doesn't install from the built in plug-in manager in eclipse as it seems it can find a dependency so I'm going to try to manually install it tomorrow.