Thursday, February 25, 2010
Yesterday me and Henry found out that some of the laptops were using our wireless connection instead of the wired which led to some of them having I.P.s not specified by MAC. It became obvious when we tried connecting to some of them and we couldn't since they weren't plugged into ethernet which the I.P.s were assigned to. We decided that I should try assigning the same I.P. to both the wired and wireless NIC and hope it works. Fortunately it did. When I did ifconfig it showed that the I.P. was assigned to both cards. To be sure that both worked and it was just one connected I tried disconnecting and connecting both while on the internet and the connection worked without a noticeable hitch. As long as it works.