Monday, October 5, 2009

We're ready to deploy Captain!

The server is all set and ready to go.

Today we put the last two NICs into the computer. It actually took the whole period. The problem was that each NIC had to be a different one because IPCop had trouble with duplicates. The problem was I would assign a network to one of the duplicate NICs. Then I would assign another network to the other duplicate NIC. When this happened the first network would lose its assignment to it's NIC. What we had to do was find two more NICs that weren't the same. It surprisingly took the whole period. We went through about 10 NICs before we found two that weren't the same. For some reason most of the NICs that we tried were Intel. Two of them weren't even detected by IPCop. We found a Realtek card and some other mammoth of a card before class ended. Tomorrow me and Michael will be staying after school and should get everything up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment